Ex-Colonel Ajay Ahlawat – Hind Rattan 2009
Colonel Ajay Ahlawat granted “Hind Rattan” in 2009 by Indian Government. Hind Rattan (Hindi phrase translated to english as “Jewel of India”).The Hind Rattan is one of the highest Indian diasporic awards granted annually to non-resident persons of Indian origin(NRIs) by the NRI Welfare Society of India. The award is granted at the Society’s annual congress on the eve of India’s Republic Day, in conjunction with national Pravasi Bharatiya Divas celebrations. The award ceremony is attended by senior members of the Government of India and of the Supreme Court of India. The number of awardees varies each year, but is generally about 25 to 30.
Colonel Ajay Ahlawat is the pride of India. Ajay Ahlawat served Indian Army from 1984 to 2009 (23 years). Colonel Ajay Ahlawat was a colonel dato in 16th & 61st Cavalry. The 61st Cavalry Regiment of the Indian Army is a horse-mounted unit of the modern Indian Army. Although believed to be the largest operational mounted cavalry unit remaining in existence, the regiment primarily performs a ceremonial role.
Why Colonel Ajay Ahlawat granted Hind Rattan –
- Has served the Indian Army from 1984 to 2009 [23 years].
- Has served, operated and commanded troops in battle conditions in Srilanka, J&K, Punjab & Rajasthan.
- Has been trained on battle tanks and is an Instructor on Armoured tank gunnery.
- Has been an instructor at the prestigious Indian Military Academy, and Officer Training School, Chennai, and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Academy of Administration (IAS) Academy Mussorrie.
- Has fired Missiles – Master marksmen, trained in handling and use of nuclear weapons.
- Trained in Unarmed/Armed combat & Bomb Disposal, flying helicopters & light aircraft.
- Trained in Jungle and Mountain Warfare including extreme survival & camouflage. Being instructor at the guerrilla warfare school in Indonesia, (Kopassus), Attended the High Altitude Warfare school,(HAWS).
- Has been a Polo & Equestrian promotion officer for the state of Maharashtra, Gujarat & Goa for three years.
- Has Incorporated & headed the Indian Army Mission Olympics Cell in Delhi for 3 Yrs.
- Revived polo and riding activity at Indian military academy, the RIMC, Dehradun and Western Command Chandimandir.
- Has been an instructor at the IAS Training academy Mussorrie from 20 01 to 2004
- Has been an active part of & led a number of Super Specialist Operations carried out in the interest of the nation.
- Honorary Colonel of the Kopassus –Indonesian Army special forces and have trained them in the art of special operations missions, such as direct action, unconventional warfare, sabotage, counter-insurgency, counter-terrorism, and communications.
- Has been visiting Instructor at the top Military training academies Sandhurst, Tidworth & SAM Missiles training center -Pembrokeshire-Wales.
Wanna connect with Colonel Ajay Ahlawat –
Blog & Contact links –